Can I apply for short-term independent study?

Please contact the Attendance Secretary to discuss the process for applying.

Independent Study

If you find that you must take your child out of school and will be gone for 5 or more consecutive school days, you may complete an Independent Study Contract.

Short Term Independent Study - English

Short Term Independent Study - Español

Independent Study Procedures

  • 10 days prior to the first day a student will be gone for Short Term Independent Study; parents must fill out a form from the office, requesting the Short Term Independent Study packet, indicating the dates the student will not be in school and the reason for the absence.
  • Parents complete the Voluntary Independent Study Agreement Form and obtain the required signatures (student and parent). Return the form to the attendance secretary in front office.
  • The attendance secretary will review the form and follow up with the Administration for approval or denial. Independent Study requests will NOT be approved during District and State Assessments usually held in May.
  • Upon approval of the Independent Study, the teacher will give the student assignments prior to the first day listed on the Independent Study Contract to be completed.
  • All assignments are due upon the student’s return to school. In order to receive full credit all work assigned must be completed. Partial credit will be given for incomplete contracts and the parent will be notified.
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.